Note: Grant applications are not being accepted in 2023 while the Foundation undergoes a management transition. Any updates will be posted to the website, so please check back here for the latest information.
- The Donley Foundation makes grants to organizations that are tax-exempt under the Internal Revenue Code Sec. 501(c)(3) as well as public charities under Internal Revenue Code Sec. 509(a).
- The Donley Foundation supports organizations in the following communities:
- The Upper Connecticut River Valley of Vermont and New Hampshire
- Vermont: Essex, Caledonia, Orange, Windsor, and Windham counties
- New Hampshire: Coos, Grafton, Sullivan, and Cheshire counties
- Greater York County, Pennsylvania
- The communities of Western Cook County, Illinois, including neighborhoods on Chicago’s West Side
- Grants typically are made in a range of $10,000 to $25,000. The Foundation occasionally awards multi-year grants.
- Grants are made for general operating support and project or program support. Grants are not made to individuals, nor are they made for religious or political purposes.
- Grant recipients must submit a Grant Report within one year of the receipt of the grant payment.